Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - catch and release vs. controlled fishing?
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 09:04 PM

Hello all. New here.
I caught and released this fine German Brown today...right into my sink. We have many neo-fly fishermen who visit this area from all points of the country and pay $450.00 per day to have their fat azzes catered to by an outfitter with a drift boat. So many of these people believe that since they pay enormous sums to fish, they believe they have some monopoly on the waterway. I am a local here, and have been yelled at while taking my raft down the river, sightseeing with my wife, by some rollypolly a hundred feet behind me because he wanted to fish the area we were floating over. He said that we should move our boat to a different area. F all these guys. They give real fishermen a bad name. While they fight hundreds of trout to exhaustion in warm waters during one day, which results in around a 20% mortality rate, they mock bait fishermen who take one or two fish for table fare, maybe just a few times a month. Who's the "bad guy" here. The egocentric fat azzes need to stay home and beat their wives. BTW, don't insult them by calling their little "strike indicators"..."bobbers". No self-respecting fly fisherman uses bobbers! What a farce. These idiots are hard to differentiate from also, while they wear the same trout "costumes" which are chic at the moment. Trout fishing weebles having a lunch and wine under a pink umbrella. It is quite the sight. Please don't be one of "Those Guys".
Rant over. Time to gut my fish and eat the hell out of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040251.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	7410