Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - UV resins
Thread: UV resins
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 10:21 PM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

Location: Kape Kodistan, People's Republik of Taxachusetts & Penguinia
Lightbulb by the way...

the Bug-Bond applicator tips [translucent cones] allow you to see the acrylic coming down the barrel... the fine tip allows for pinpoint targeting and then when you set the container down the bit left in the tip goes back down...
after some time the tip may/will get a slightly clogged... just take it off the bottle and let it soak in some alcohol for a while, rinse, and it will be like new... ready to go for the next few months...
I've had the same tip on for several years and it's still going strong...
also
since the acrylic is UV cured, you will have to keep it under wraps if your station is near a window...
some of the full spectrum lights will start to skin over most every L.C.A. out there if left to bake in the presence of the lamp...
'best to apply a little at a time and cure as you go with the magic lamp...
when you are all done, apply a light coat of Tuffleye Clear Coat or Hard as Nails and let it set up...
I take the cure one step farther and will place my phreshly welded phlyz in a block of foam and let them enjoy the best curing light yet devised [the Sun] on my back porch...
enjoy!
Cheeeeerz
Pete

ps
If I can get some time off for "good behavior" I'll be PHLY WELDING up a storm at the Fly Tying Symposium [Nov] and again at the Fly Fishing Show [Jan] in Somerset NJ ...
'advice is PHREE... 'will tye phor phood... [would that be Thai Phood?!]...

Last edited by Penguin; 10-08-2012 at 11:35 PM.