Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Rhodyfest lodging options...
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2001, 07:04 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

First of all, let me say that I am not intending to undermine any camping plans. I was initially concerned about the spread-out lodging but then realized that it's the time fishing that is important and people are equally welcome to hang out by the campfire as well as join in the rooms for a home-cooked meal and hot shower. Plus if I know this community like I think we do then there are no anal retentives. That being said...

Here's what I got:

Two large apartment style hotel rooms (kitchen, etc) with three separate sleeping areas (2 BD and a futon in the living area) at $37 / person before taxes.

Additional medium apartment style hotel rooms with two double beds in one room and a futon in the living room at the same price ($37 / head) for any additional people interested.

Additional people can sleep in a cot or on the floor to reduce the cost/share in each room, the large rooms are 900 sq feet. In the smaller units two people will be in the same room in separate beds anyway so if others crash in the living space nothing is lost. I'll just bring ear plugs. ;-)

I volunteer to be one of the cooks for the group dinner on Saturday night, but might need some help keeping an eye on the side dishes. I don't care if we do the group dinner at camp or in one of the rooms, both are great for me.

What are your thoughts on this arrangement?

Here is the place:

http://www.sandyshore.com/index.html