Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - salt water licence
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 03:51 PM
n1gdo's Avatar
n1gdo n1gdo is offline
Active Member
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nahant,MA USA
Posts: 382
Federal vs MA license...

I hope I don't further add to any confusion but I looked in the FAQ section of
the MA Saltwater License site and found this... hope it helps:


Do I need to sign up for the National Saltwater Angler Registry as I did in 2010 (and pay an additional $15 starting in 2011)?

No, the Federal permit no longer covers you to fish in Massachusetts waters. Your MA permit allows you to fish in MA and Federal waters as well as land your fish in Massachusetts. However, if you fish for tuna, billfish, swordfish, and/or sharks you will need a Highly Migratory Species permit from the Federal government.
frank in Nahant, MA
USASAFS-4 1961-1963
Reply With Quote