Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Peeete's Weedless Welded Pheathered Phuzzie Notion...
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 07:00 AM
President of CAC

Looks pretty Good Pete. Is the hair tied in or is the hair clumped and secured with that bonding stuff? I tried that with the epoxy and the hair fell out after only a short period of time in the salt. The epoxy was not right for that so the hairs had to be tied in first. This new bonding maybe the answer.I will have to do some FB's with the new bonding. Here are three which I had done copying some Carrie Stevens type feathers, but for saltwater use and to make them durable...bulk them up to use off a boat so that when wet the shape formed a fish body. I wanted them to stay in that shape on the quick strip. The bonding you use might help me in doing the FB easier. I am happy to see the glueing (welding is a better word) technique being rejuvenated with the latest bonding materials. I had to use goop to secure the feathers and then some light epoxy. It had been recommended that I try softex as well but refuse to work with that stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fbflatwing.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	7040   Click image for larger version

Name:	carriefb%20001.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	7041   Click image for larger version

Name:	csfly.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	7042  

Last edited by striblue; 12-29-2010 at 07:37 AM.