Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Peeete's Weedless Welded Pheathered Phuzzie Notion...
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 12:55 PM
President of CAC

Thumbs up

Great Fly... and I see that you are "shingling "the feathers, which is exactly at same concept as I had done several years ago with the Feather brain flies. I called it glueing the feathers. I did cover the head with epoxy and did not use the latest bonding material.. I did use a spreader corsair base.. Back in 2003 I think, the fly was picked up by Scott Leon, The editor of FFSW, though a friend, Jay Horton, who published it in the "Tyers bench" in "Fly Fishing In Salt Waters" magazine. Bob Popovics was a big supporter and both Leon and him were looking at it from the concept of glueing feathers to the shank to do away with the "beak" like look in tying the feathers in,of all other bait fish flies...It also gave a more realistic body from below and above views....The spreader was used depending on the fly size...The concept has been later picked up in certain bonefish flies.......Great Job, as usual, Pete.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newmackfb%20003.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	7036   Click image for larger version

Name:	fbbunker.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	7037   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01318.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	7038   Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc01239.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	7039  

Last edited by striblue; 12-26-2010 at 09:52 PM.