Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Chatham / Nauset 10-21
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2001, 04:17 PM

Chatham / Nauset 10-21

Missed connections with Roop on Sat nite so I ended up solo on the boat this am in Chatham. Found Jeff with the yak ready to delve into the mysteries of ***** after hitting some nice fish from the shore side of the bowl. I was trying to drift through the channels dredging the deep eel (what else!) but couldn' get the right presentation. (BTW, I'd expect to see some radical topography changes there next year. The edge to the south has gotten very shallow)
Still hitless I worked out through the cut and south at daybreak only to find school BFT breaking at the edge of Nauset but very spread out. Decided not to blow up the 9wt trying to target one. Diverted to S.Beach with bluefish willing to hit and/or remove any sandeel imitation they saw. Dredging the d-e under them found only dogfish.
Finally found some mid 20" bass along the parallel bars off Nauset, some nice solid hits when I got the d-e on the bottom. If you went out to the 30' line, it went back to all bluefish. Last bass snapped a brand new Redington 9wt midway through the second section.
Water temps still in the 50's, might be time still for Chatham.