Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Christmas Island
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor B
Well after much deliberation and a lot of research and quite a bit of input from my fellow anglers together with a great last minuet deal, I have settle upon a place to go fish for bones this January.
Christmas Island in the Pacific, reportedly stable weather and tons of bones together with some very large Trevally should make for an interesting trip.
I have read a few articles with regard to flies to use there but I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has fished there and what they found worked for them.
Every location seems to have a fly or two that is a must have, so any input here would be great while I still have time to tie up a few.
Any other information on the fishing there that would help me prepare would also be great, which as we all know is definitely part of the fun.
Thanks all Trev
Trev,

I'd get on the Blanton board and get the recent info on Christmas Island. I heard that the government has moved a whole new bunch of residents onto the island and they have been netting the crap out of the bones and it has gone down hill quickly the past year...just a heads up to check out.

Bob