Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - 200,000 mile blitz
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

200,000 mile blitz

I was in NYC and heading home when I noticed my toyota tundra was about to turn over... TWICE OVER - 200,000 miles baby! 199995.... 199996...7...8...9.... the BIG 200!!

Unfortunately as my eyes were glued to the odometer I didn't notice that there was a blitz of EPIC proportions happening off a point on Old Wharf Drive, that recreational road on the shoreline near the IKEA building!! The water was churning and the birds were going crazy... you could have seen it for two miles if you were lookin'

I looked for an exit but the highway soon crosses over the other side of the Qunnipiac River (I think) and it was too amused by it all to turn back.

On a related note there were bunker, silversides, anchovy, and more bunker on Vineyard sound in incredible numbers this weekend.

We saw an albie launch several feet into the air vertically like a salmon, the air time was incredible in fact if we had been a bit closer we would have had a better chance to grab it then a Fenway foul ball.

I suspect it was being chased by a king mackeral with the sightings of 5 footers being reported.
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum