Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Do big trout eat big or small stuff?
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 09:31 AM
troutbum..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jero
makes sense
changing the subject, I see your home water is the alsea and siletz river. Mine is Argentina, way south. When I was a teenager I lived in corvallis for a couple of years (my old man was studying at OSU) and thatīs where I more or less learned to speak english.

Iīv actually caught trout in your alsea river!! Once I got a nice cutthroat (fishing with salmon eggs, not fly fishing). Its a beautyful river. Anyways, funny how life is, if your ever down in Corvallis in the "scarlet ibis" fly shop, tell the guys down there they introduced a 15 year old teenager to fly fishing (upper wilamette and the santiam river is where I used to go), who 15 years later still fly fishes about 11.000 Km. south!

I remeber these guys from the shop, the lived in Nepal I think (or maybe Mongolia), they went there with the Peace Corps, taught some people there to tie flies and actually later imported the flies from asia and gave those people a chance to make a few bucks and escape poverty. Cool thing to do.
well, thanks for the tip.
lol, cool! the Alsea has treated me well.. Ive never caught anything huge before, but the chinook salmon, and searun cutthroats are awesome. Chinook on a fly good times.. (a 6wt pole) I dunno what I was thinking..