Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Two-handed rod program
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2000, 10:40 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:Two-handed rod program

Absolutely! Anyone who rents it for a week gets at least a morning or evening of chucking it with me and/or others who have the knack. It won't take long to get evangelists to show others, and so on, and so forth... Remember how Jay Horton felt after the outer limits clave, and after talking to Lefty?

In fact this has a ceremonial sound to it. Don't forget that Tony Stetzko has told us he's interested in trying this thing out too. Maybe my good freind Sean Fields can shuttle us out to the Orleans side of Nauset Inlet one evening and we'll make an evening of it.

To answer the question - rentals come with instruction from myself or another evengelist like myself. Believe me, it's the easiest cast you'll ever make.

Also anytime we go down to Smitty's, you're all welcome to come on down. Once the wraps are on it'll be time to throw lines on them and tune. If you can't make it to the rod building sessions, no worries! Some who are avid rod builders wouldn't miss this part. Others will learn from this project and become rod builders. Some just want to try the rod! Takes all types.

Thanks for getting involved, let's keep the pace up and I will start tracking this officially.

Juro