Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - What fishing trips are you planning this year?
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 09:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to teflon_jones Send a message via Yahoo to teflon_jones
What fishing trips are you planning next year?

So what significant trips are you planning next year? I've got two lined up already.

1. Grand Lake Stream, Maine May 31-June 3 - It's going to be me and two buddies that went two years ago, plus my father in law will be going for the first time. I can't wait, last time up there I got my first landlocked salmon (~19") and 3 river smallmouth in the 4 lb range on a 4 wt with 7X tippet.
I also landed an 18"+ chub that I thought was a brown when I spotted it due to the size. By far the largest I've ever gotten.

2. Housatonic River, CT October - After an awesome 2 day trip this past Oct where I landed my personal best trout (~21-22" brown), I've decided to make it an annual solo fall pilgrimage. I'll just sleep in the back of my car in a sleeping bag and fish for two entire days by myself. It really rested up my overworked brain cells and I caught a bunch of nice fish!

So what's on your calendars?

Last edited by teflon_jones; 12-26-2006 at 10:37 PM.