Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - SWFF Fly Swap
Thread: SWFF Fly Swap
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2000, 08:14 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:SWFF Fly Swap

Hi Dave -

Good to hear from you. Have you gone to FLA yet? I've since gotten some great contacts down there if you need them. I hope to get these pro's active in our forum, and get our members involved in everglades conservation and other issues where they could use all the people they can get.

Anyway - the blanks:

We have received the generous offer of a donated blank from member Jay Clancy (applause) and additional interest from major manufacturing reps which will be announced when confirmed. I am thinking of additionally setting up a $10 / week trial rental program to help finance blanks. The rental would include all rods we built for one week at a time, no limit to the number of rental weeks provided no one else is waiting.

I know you are a rod builder, and if you'd like to participate in the program from the build process with Smitty that would be really cool. (any other rod builders out there?)

In any case, we will be doing a mix of cutting and using existing blanks with the objective to find "the right stuff". My personal opinion is that there are a lot of confused people casting Spey rods in the surf. This is not a Spey rod problem, but two-hands are killer.

let me know to what extent you want to get involved

Juro