Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - TERRY-CLAVE -- AWESOME!!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2000, 06:26 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:TERRY-CLAVE -- AWESOME!!!!

**** first and foremost - THANKS TERRY! ****

What a great crew we had! The fishing was awesome, and the weather only gave us that reality check (rain, wind, cold) on Sunday morning.

It was great to have that sit down dinner at Clancy's. Good thing not everyone could make it - I don't think they could have seated more than one or two more than we had around that table.

Great synopsis Gregg... once again great to see you and your lucky ways on the water. Someday you're gonna have to let me borrow that rabbit's foot.

This morning Roop, John (bigcat), Ken and I ducked into the estuary to escape the wind and weather and found a fairly consistent run of fish with two I landed in the 24-26" class. Roop hooked a butt-bender (deep into the rod) but it got off, a gear guy throwing homemade poppers lost a big fish on a buoy rope. John and Ken got into the act and we all caught fish so we ended the clave with a pleasant morning with lots of fish then a breakfast at the red cottage store. The rain and clouds soon burned off and the day turned into a blast furnace by 10:30 / 11am. From hyperthermic to heat wave in an hour - that's New England!

Let's get out there again ASAP and continue what was started!

Juro