Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Spring Run Clave Update
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2000, 08:44 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:Spring Run Clave Update

Nice guy, I've referred folks to him a lot. He bought the place from the previous couple a few years ago. It's a nice quiet cottage-like room 1/2 block from the Herring River near the mouth and night fishing should be a no-brainer if you get the urge. There's a breakfast place across the street.

For a little more $$, you can split a room along the beach between Herring River mouth and Swan River mouth like Sea Shell motel, which is at the third jetty from the mouth (west). You should be able to spot fish from the room.

Even more $$ is the Red Jacket at the mouth of Parkers' which is a great early season herring run striper spot - but the better fishing is on the Seagull beach side if you ask me (a five minute drive).

Any of the places on 28 in Yarmouth on the west side of Bass River should be offering very competitive rates (Hunter's Green, etc) this time of year.

Don't rule out our cottage, I just can't say I can take people at this point when the family is as anxious as we are to get down the Cape!

juro