Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Rynda
Thread: Rynda
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 12:25 PM

Boerie I was out there with Bone but our report would be a little out of date as the trip was in 2004, we both went back in 2005 but on different weeks. The fishing will be great even on a hard week. The whole trip is a great experience and you will have loads of memories that will last a lifetime. As for patterns and techniques be equipped to try everything and to learn lots. Full floaters to fast sinkers and bombers to 2" copper tubes. I did well on willie gunn tubes last year in a whole manner of sizes and weights, Francis tubes seem to work well in red and black too. Fishing a riffled single or a bomber is great fun and is well worth a go, the biggest tip I can give you is to listen to your guide, they know their stuff and the more you listen the more they will teach you. Some of the biggest fish are caught in small pockets of water behind rocks etc so if they tell you to fish a small spot and keep changing your fly this is because your in with a good chance of a fish or 2. I had my biggest fish of 28lbs last year from Peters Pocket, this was largly ignored until about 6 years ago and every year it produces big fish. Wish I was going out there will be saving to go in 2007.