Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - It would be a great regret...
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 01:00 AM

Location: Many. From NE salt, Russia, Canadian A Salmon, NW Steelhead, Bahamas, Keys. Live in Upstate NY
OK,

I admit this is a bit deeper than your original post (and a bit off subject) Juro, but . . . I can't help myself from recommending a book that I'm really only half way through: "The Omnivore's Dilemma" by Michael Pollan.

It's one of the most important and fascinating I've ever read about our food supply, the environment, economics, public policy . . . etc. I'd enjoyed one of his previous books (The Botany of Desire) but this one simply blows me away. The natural processes illuminated in the book are astounding. The subject might sound dry, but it's extremely well written. It certainly seems to fit with the natural contemplative nature of us fly fishers.

om•ni•vore (n)
1) An animal that will feed on any kind or many different kinds of food, including both plants and animals.
2) somebody who has very wide interests and will read, study, or generally absorb anything that is available.

Still in Oregon. Will probably head to the Umpqua next week (if I can pull myself away from reading).

Bill

Last edited by wrke; 08-05-2006 at 10:41 AM.