Another shore schlepper bites the dust!
Good lists so far... most covered above. PFD's go without saying.
I also always kept:
- serious first aid kit w/ epi pen
- emergency starting rope with knot on the end (buy proper diam / length)
- Jesus on a roll (duct tape)
- a few MRE meals / water
- emergency blanket
- spare spark plugs in sealed bag
- pump powered flashlight (needs no batteries)
- emergency beacon ($20 at marine store)
- hand mirror
- flint firestarter
at home get a foodsaver and seal some fresh batteries in it, spark plugs, etc.
All tiny stuff but can be handy.
IFFF Certified THCI @ 2005
Capeflyfisher Guide Service
Island Hopper, Guitarist, Incurable Dreamer
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum