Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Spring Clave Fishing Options
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2006, 09:53 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Good points Phil!

We have three distinct points of coordination to use - Rip Ryder, Stone Horse and the Squire.

I will try to get a hat order together by then if I can find the embroidery digital file :eyecrazy:

Rip Ryder -
If you are showing up at the ramp ask Captn Keith where the gang went. We will all welcome fellow clavers in the spirit of the spring clave, just walk up and mention your screen name.

Stone Horse -
Most of us are staying there so we will keep some information up at the lobby. Maybe a little whiteboard or something. Years past we used a phonelist which worked very well. SAT PM DINNER is at the hotel dining area, after food is Squires down the road.

Squire -
Pretty much where the later action will occur unless you are tying or sleeping to get a jump on the drinkers in the am

CAC -
We will be touring the Chatham Angler's Club at some point, need to coordinate with the Mayor.

Although I do not like to specifically provide fishing info, this time of year provides lots of situations:

- outer beach fishing, spring fish are in the suds
- flats fishing, dark backed and looking for a way out of the refuge in the shallows
- estuarys holding lots (and lots) of fish where there is bait and warm water
- herring runs for big girls

etc

I would suggest targeting what you are interested in, and picking up the info from fellow clavers and even fish with them.

Generally it all works out pretty well informally but ideas are always welcome.
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum