Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Status - Fitness program
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 04:44 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Status - Fitness program

I am tethering at 1-2 pounds off my goal of 165 pounds since starting this effort in December. I am convinced that with a few days of consecutive exercise and reduced consumption I would be on the mark of 165, a feat I thought impossible when I started at a hair under 190 pounds.

I hope others are considering their future as retired anglers. Mainly because there will come a day when I will be deeply saddened to see friends pass on, it's as inevitable as taxes.

The first time the scale at the gym (the one that does not lie) says 165 I am done and onto weight training complemented by karate. Not sure if that will change dietary concerns at all since I am so focused now on fat burning but I have learned an awful lot about nutrition lately.

I am going to change this board to Fitness and Favorite Recipes in the hopes that I will be able to look down the pool and see all your gray wrinkly-ass faces at a ripe old age decades from now. Besides it seems we don't really get into the recipe thing anyway!
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum