Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Playa Del Carmen - Couples Clave?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 10:54 AM

Juro,
Great idea. I have stayed at the palldium and the Bahia Principe Tulum resorts.
We prefered the Bahia......not as large and a lot less walking to meals/bars and so on. I believe Pesca-maya will pick you up at any Tulum Resort at 8AM and return at 4PM. Not sure of the travel time to the water....I suspect an hour ride.
Currently they (if I have the name of the guide service correct).....charge 250 a
day .....2 guys to a boat......with water and lunch (recommend making own at the resort...they always have fantastic fresh baked bread and any number of cold cuts)........now for DIY.....a stripping basket is almost a "must have".....at the palldium I took a few bones...one very nice 4lbr....big for that area...jacks....pompano....and there are always cuda lurking about....at the Bahia,
headin south has some pretty decent opportunities....also a small cove that looks very "boney"...check out locogringo.com for photos of the areas/resorts taken from the air. And, I have a "friend" in the travel biz that could, depending on the number of takers for the clave, kick the pants off the rates of Apple, TNT Funjet and the others....also a good possibilite of getting Jr. Suites versus regular rooms.....the extra space and close proximity is great (at the Bahia Principe Tulum)
Lets keep this alive.........I and the wife are "in" for the trip.