I was getting ready to do some winter projects, picked up a new T&T 14 9wt. blank, and thought I would put some of my two handed handle designs out for inspection and see what everyone thought. What do most people like in a two-handed rod handle?
They are from top to bottom.
1) 10 7wt. switch rod using burl cork rings, some thin gray gasket material for accent and rubberized cork rings on the ends for durability. (this is my newest creation)
2) Sage 12 5wt. spey using standard cork rings. (I love this rod but I dont like the small back handles sage puts on there production rods so I did my own)
3) Anglers Workshop 12 7/8wt. using alternating standard cork rings and red burl cork rings. (this rod and the Lamiglas are to of my early experiments with burl cork)
4) Lamiglas 12 ½ 6/7wt. using alternating standard cork rings and green burl cork rings.
5) Diamond Back 13 8/9wt. using standard cork rings.
P.S. Please excuse the dirt on some of them, they do get used.