Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Gaspe Peninsula of Quebec
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 12:22 PM

Bob:

It was pleasure sharing a pool with you on the York this past June. The next best thing to hooking a salmon is to be able to have good conversation with a fellow salmon angler such as yourself. I am glad to hear your ankle is doing better and I hope your trip to the Dean goes well......just a couple of quick thank you's. First, to Ann Smith, without her help and expertise our group would not be nearly as successful as it was. Her knowledge of the Gaspe Rivers are unmatched. Secondly, I would like to thank Glen at Camp Bonaventure for taking time out of his busy day to show Charlie and myself your beautiful lodge. The hard work of yourself and staff diffinitely shows, it is the nicest lodge I have seen on the Gaspe. Lastly, to Mario for showing me just how beautiful the Bonaventure River really is and for guiding me to my first "Bonnie" salmon. I only wish the weather would have been a little nicer because I am sure we would have done much better than we did. Next year, you will have to promise to pull that big beautiful canoe to the bank for at least an hour and let me show you that there is more than one way to tame a big river----spey fishing.

Sincerely,

Brian