Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Brewster Flats/Billingsgate 7/3
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2000, 07:57 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:Brewster Flats/Billingsgate 7/3

Bob -

I can't thank you enough for the great day on the water aboard Double Happiness. Your boat's ideal design for angling combined with the captain's skills help intensify my own desire to get back into a "hole in the water" soon. Next time I'll get more than a few winks in the parking lot so I won't miss so much (lights on nobody home).

I think you have a real winner with that spot out on Billingsgate... it seemed each time you dialed us into the GPS location, we would meet another husky mid-sized bass. As I recall, that one you held up to the rod went 27-ish by your mark and we were lucky to have consistent action with more like it including the blonde you landed on the inside flat once we came in to Paine's. I never complain when fish that size come willingly and complain even less when they fight with such incredible strength... there was definitely something wild about the way those flats fish were fighting.

Also I got to share some info about a spot I know well but seldom see from the "outside in". Gotta say I sure like the view. Especially when the shadows are shifting around on a shallow sunlit flat! It was cool to discover the depth of the 'hole' was 36 feet using your electronics. It's shape changed over the winter and the flow distribution shifted to the east lobe, and the fishing over there has taken a big turn for the better.

Hope we can hook up again soon and thanks for keeping the throttle down while I was nodding off in the afternoon sun

Awesome photos being developed... stay tuned...