Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - BONECLAVE 2000
Thread: BONECLAVE 2000
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2000, 07:09 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

BONECLAVE 2000

Some of us have been collaborating about BONECLAVE 2000, here are my ideas (feel free to chime in):

- This is, and always should be a gathering for ALL New England anglers. There are a few web fishing hosts now, and many non-web groups, and this clave should have no boundaries about any of that. The requirement to attend - a love for fishing.

- As usual, we will contribute database signups and a share of the logistic responsibilities. Other responsibilities will be shared by the other hosts/sponsors/groups to even the load.

- We might consider a slightly earlier schedule to target the bonito more effectively. The albies were a blast, and the bass were a kick, plus those big blues in the rip were fun, but - afterall it is the "BONE" clave.

- Host/Sponsor groups will work to include more sponsorship from businesses. Special thanks to Blue Northern Trading Co, who responded with prizes last year. We should have a serious gathering / dinner with drawings and prizes from the businesses we support with our buying dollars. Last year it was really hard to leave the fishing for anything like this, but we'll just have to pry our fingers off the rods and reels for a couple of hours

It's a bit down the road but it won't hurt to start thinking about it early. Let me know if you have any thoughts on the topic, and I look forward to keeping the BONECLAVE tradition going stronger every year!

regards,
Juro