Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Nuclear option!!
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Pullin' Thread

Moonlight,

I agree that the emerging middle class in Asia, India, and South America is going to increase energy consumption exponentially and that the countries found therein are going to be forced to enact some control on emissions as a result. China is now importing so much crude that it is in large part responsible for the $58.00/barrel price on the world market.

I am also of the opinion that the future of transportation energy is going to be a combination of hydrogen internal combustion engines and fuel cells because both have zero emissions (unless you want to call water vapor a pollutant). I also see the rising gasoline prices in the US helping to push along and accelerate the development of these technologies.

Rico,

French vehicles cannot be sold in the US unless they are modified to meet the more stringent US emissions standards for vehicles. In fact, the same is true for all other European countries as well. Also, keep in mind that the US is about 4,000 miles from the southwest corner of California to the northeast corner of Maine, and about 3,000 miles from the Pacific to the Atlantic. Then you need to add to this the state of Alaska, which about the size of 7 Frances.