Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Need some HELP guys/gals
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2005, 08:40 PM
spey addict

Send a message via AIM to Moose
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDJones
Are not the Skagit and Sauk designated wild and scenic rivers? And therefor protected from this kind of tampering? We need to get Friends of the River or Americam Rivers or one of those watchdog groups in on this.

I live along the Cosumnes river in Northern California and it too is designated a wild river, even given the moniiker "The last wild, undammed river in the state". With all of these alleged protections it didn't stop developments and even golf courses from going in and taking water directly from the river. In late summer you can walk for thousands of yards on dry riverbed. I've lived here 30 years and until a few years ago this was unheard of.

To where do we retreat next? Is there a river to make a home for yourself on in this day and age that will not be raped and pillaged from? I'm thinking not, sadly.
Life is but a walking shadow. A poor player who struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot. Full of sound and fury!! Signifying nothing. May as well go fishing!