Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - 4 keeper in 2 hours and no one around
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2000, 10:14 AM

RE:4 keeper in 2 hours and no one around

I'll chime in here too. I have to admit that I don't check this site as regularly as I should given the amount of talent that seems to hang out here. Josko's comment about guides posting only for free commercials is one of the reasons I don't post too often on where I'm finding fish. I don't want to be known for that, and I also don't want to be lumped in with the others who do. If I feel I can contribute constructively to something, I usually will. I have however found that I am biting my tongue a lot more this season than in years past, and I can't really give an explaination for why. Maybe I am enjoying just sitting back and watching the action. I don't log on to any of the sites with the expectaion that I will see a post and run out and successfully fish the areas mentioned. I think if you rely on posts to figure out your next move, you'll be sorely disappointed. I look at these bulletin boards as a general guide when it comes to fishing spots or action. We all know that just because someone caught X-number of bass in location Z on night Y with the tide at stage P and using lure K with retreive D, that doesn't mean much 24 or even 3 hours later. What it can tell you is that maybe the fish have begun to move to certain geographical areas (like The Harbor) or that a change of technique is needed. If you need a good solvent to remove glue from your deck, which knots folks like to use, or want to know where others have found a particular product, I think the information on these bulletin boards can be very useful. Sometimes it's just plain fun to tell other about a wonderful day on the water with lots of big fish, but I just haven't found it be as personally satisfying lately to spill my guts. I hope that I haven't offended anyone (another reason I don't post very often) and that everyone knows my
e-mailbox is always open.