A couple of tips to prevent wind knots:
1. Slow down your casting stroke.
2. Put less power into your casts.
3. Let the line straighten out more on both ends.
4. Turn your rod off vertical a little.
5. Make sure your casting stroke is going straight back and forth.
The first 3 are really all very related, and it sounds like these may have been causing your problem!
My passion for catching fish is eclipsed only by the fish's passion not to be caught.
Last edited by teflon_jones; 01-31-2005 at 08:06 AM.