Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Great Cape Fishing
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2000, 08:46 AM
Recent Member

Great Cape Fishing

Fished a favorite Bourne spot last night. The bait was thick, flopping all around me, closing in behind me wherever I waded. As I was stripping line for my first cast, there was a decent sized break four feet in front of me. The schoolies were feasting, breaks scattered virtually everywhere.

Fished alot of flies, with little success. Then, when the lights went out I pulled out a fly Al had tied for me ("It's a cross between a Coyote Fly and a Bonito Bunny," he says, "The Howlin' Bunny??")and hooked up on the second cast.

Hooked three, caught one, had a bump on every other cast. What I encountered were small schoolies (12-18"), but there were bigger splashes further out. I think if I could cast the distance needed to get out to the deeper channel, I'd have met with some decent sized fish. (someday...)

Except that I was fishing this spot on the incoming for the first time and almost got my #*^&* stranded (ah, the novice FF), it was great fishing. More like late September than Halloween; beautiful, warm, and FISHY!

(Greg, I half expected to run into your dad in his kayak!)