Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Eastern Canada
Thread: Eastern Canada
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 05:09 PM

Location: Gaspe Peninsual, Petite and Grand Cascapedia, Bonaventure, Nouvelle etc...
Does not need to be complicated

Wet Fly,

Although it would seem that things are really complicated here, which I can understand from all the bickering lately, it is still a GREAT place to fish. Do not get scared away by all of our posts!

NF is great, been there and loved it.

But, it would now seem you are looking at the Gaspe. If so, then consider ANYWHERE on the Gaspe as almost all the rivers are good.

If you want geographic dead center then you must look at either end of route 299. Either the Bay of Chaleurs region, ie the Petite and Grand Cascapedia and Bonaventure including the Nouvelle, or the Northern side which is Ste-Anne-des-Monts, including the Ste-Anne River and Cap Chat Rivers. From Cascapedia, where I am writing from, you can hit every single river on the Gaspe within a 3-hour drive, that means over 15 rivers! Withing 1.5 hours you can be on 10.

Time of year to fish is your only dilema!

If you want complete info on this area, call or email me and I will be glad to tell you how to do it on your own, through an outfitter or with a guide company.

Best to you,

David