Plenty of room!
I need to revise the headcount, and finalize the options ASAP. We have 75 days but it will go quickly.
BTW - while in Acklins, please scout out the DIY opportunities. I have received great input from others who have been there. Here's what they say:
- Crooked is the better of the two for restaurants, accomodations but Acklins is the better for DIY. (if you are staying at a lodge this would not be a factor due to accomodations and meal plan)
- Acklins has great road access from end to end and bones are teeming in the accessible waters just off the road from Lovely Bay down to toward the south end
- One testimonial states "it was a spiritual experience fishing the wild flats without another soul in sight"
- tarpon are plentiful on Crooked's inlets but rare on Acklins while wading
- permit are also around
- ferries between the two coincide with flight arrivals so we could do a half/half trip, but would lose the weekly rate discounts
It would be great to have you on the trip. We would just need to be aware that DIY would be different than being on a flats boat all week, but for those of us who enjoy that this is the way to go.