Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Ridiculous - Crooked Island (again)
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 09:57 PM
resigned

I'm done, but it was FUN!!!!

Most eyes seem to be turning in the direction of Acklins/Crooked Island and it's not hard to see why! It shouldn't matter how big or small the group is to make this work. I have some new info on Long Island but I don't think it will sway everyone's decision. We need ten for the Turnbull House to make that work and it does not look
to be happening. I have alerted Bob to this fact and have asked him not to hold the date any longer. And Bob, if you're reading this, thank you very much for your kind attention and all the information. I hope our paths will meet someday! Needless to say, I learned a lot about a new place that does indeed have more to offer than I was ever aware of. I also learned a lot about the Berry Islands and found it to be another great DIY option. Johnny Glenn, a guide from Westerly, RI once told me he had been there many times and found lots of bones on his own and some of the most georguos flats he'd ever seen. And the bones were HUGE! The last time he went, a monster cold front blew through and ruined the fishing for four days.

Juro, the ball is in your court. Good luck my friend! Go get that double digit ghost!

Phil