Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Ridiculous Clave... Head Count!
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 08:10 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Thanks Bill! Of course it would be fantastic to have you attend.

The Crooked Island / Acklins (day trips) plan does not rely on any more than two people to get the airfare/lodging price, in other words no charters or group cottages needed. The only caveat is the rental car rate which would require 4 people to lower to $15 per day, other than that the rooms are two per / and the flights individual.

Research indicates that there is no need for a boat or guide and competition should be nearly non-existent with unadulterated angling bountiful. The vast majority of bones on these remote out-islands have never seen a fly, and tarpon / permit are also around. I will be bringing the Atlantis for the eastern beaches to see if I can banger'up some big dinner.

I am hoping we can get into a rhythm of lobster and grouper dinners as well, I am happy spending half the day bonefishing and half the day 'picking crawfish' in paradise. Fresh grouper fillet and carribean lobster tails are among my favorites, and I hear Hylena (host of Casuarina Cottages) bakes the best pies on the island.

It's a trade off between more amenities and limited DIY availability and less amenities and what appears by all accounts to be boundless DIY opportunity.

Compared to camping these cottages seem lavish; and the setting is heads and shoulders above what I stay in on most of my fishing trips which I already enjoy thoroughly. Of al the things I worry about the accomodations seem quite adequate, and the promise of ridiculousness is hard to resist.