Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Resident Silver FFing in Puget Sound yet?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2001, 09:46 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Sounds good! Man, I love that emerald water and silver demons snarfing bait in the rips! Gotta love a salmon that can be flyfished in the salt, and the leaps are the best.

Montauk? Wow, hadn't seen too many in Puget Sound over the dozen years I lived there. Perfect setup for FF'ing the Northwest. I had a sea-laker center console, not too many CC's relatively in those days, mostly cuddys' and side consoles.

Do you plan on trailering it to Sekiu or Neah Bay this fall? Talk about hot coho action!

I'd also love to hear about anyone who FF's the Gray's Harbor area for those 20# Satsop bound hooknoses. We've had hooks straightened and leaders popped out of sheer force.

Bush Pt. is a winner too, where the BC fish and US fish part ways. 20+ fish days were common back in the 80's.

East channel off Possession near the can during the ebb rip is a winner for big fall coho.

I've got some coho SWFF flies I rarely use anymore, email me a snail mail and I will (eventually) send some out to you.