Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Mariners looking good this all-star year!
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2001, 11:20 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I don't get a lot of buzz out here on that situation 3000 miles away, but I am a little curious on that note - his defense, stats and contribution is obvious but the power hitting is clearly not his forte. I heard that he swings hard at batting practice but prefers to place the ball during games. I also remember him hitting one out early in the season. I wish I got to watch the team play more instead of reading the scores.

After they sweep the series w/ Chicago, I think the Bosox play them at Safeco. If I stay up for the 10pm start times I'll get to watch them play. Games against the Red Sox are my favorites, because I like both teams and even though one has to lose the other favorite always gets to win. I'd be a little less calm if the two teams go for the AL championship series though.

I enjoyed watching the M's n Fenway last year. My daughter wanted to figure out some way to get A-Rod's attention. I knew he was a loser ;D

Anyway, until the fishing heats up to a boil it's great entertainment.