If you guys wind up going to Eleuthera sometime in April...we should all meet up at the Friday Night Fish-fry in Govenor's harbour to exchange notes.
Here's a few Items you should include in your list...
- portable stripping basket for fishing ocean side beaches...keeps line out of the algae and waves.
- wading caddy (that's what I call it anyways). It's an innertube or boogie board that you tow along as you wade a flat. You can keep extra gear/water/camera/lunch/beer on it. Nothing like having an extra rod rigged and ready in case you cross paths with a big Cuda, Mutton Snapper, Jack or Lemon shark. Makes it real easy to change-up and take up virtually no extra space in your baggage.
- Snack-bar condiments...ie) small single serving packages of peanut butter, jams, jellies, dipping sauces, mustard, relish, ketchup etc. I get mine from the cafeteria at work for free...pocket a few each day in the weeks prior to a trip. Believe it or not, these save major expenses as opposed to having to buy jars and bottles of each to stock the larder.
- A few packages of "boil and serve type" dried pasta's are cheap and make for a quick good meal.
- Other stuff like coffee, powdered creamer (if you like that), sugar or substitues).
- Oh yeah...an inflatable kayak...grin!
If I wasn't already going, I'd jump!