Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - I would like some insight
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 09:14 PM
spey addict

Send a message via AIM to Moose
A little different angle...

I just don't catch that many fish, so I want to have as much fun as possible while I'm on the river. Time on the river is what I live for all week long at work. I just don't have much time to travel on the weekends to "fish factory" type places and my home water, though an anadromous fishery with salmon, steelhead, stripers and shad, is really only a fair to middling river with bursts of fishing here and there. With spey casting (and fly fishing in general) I can make a fun day out of every day on the water, and catching is a nice little bonus when it happens. Don't get me wrong, in places and at times of good fishing I get serious, but flyfishing really is a way of life for me and definitely not a numbers game. Finding a difficult but graceful and satisfying way to fish is like being absorbed in a Paganini concerto for strings rather than listening to a speaker blaring "Bubba shot the jukebox".
Life is but a walking shadow. A poor player who struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot. Full of sound and fury!! Signifying nothing. May as well go fishing!