Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Caddis for Kids 'Tie-a-Thon' Press Release
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 10:58 AM
Duke of Furl

Send a message via Yahoo to Don Johnson
Event Results

2004 Caddis for Kids RESULTS:

392 flies in 24 hours. A bit down from last year's 501 but this year I had a more labor-intensive drawing system because I had an ORDER OF MAGNITUDE more stuff to give away! 4 rods, 1 reel, a guided trip, fishing time at Trophy Lakes, etc., etc., etc.... a whole lot of stuff! It took more time to explain what was going on, which took time away from the vise but there were other reasons as well.

Having Alec Jackson spin yarns about NW steelheading legends for about 7 hours on Friday was more interesting than tying and I am not a decent muti-tasker. I guess you could say my lolly-gagging cut down on the productivity but that's how it goes sometimes. As it turns out, I had more people buying tickets for the drawings than I did filling out pledge forms for pledges-per-fly so I didn't really miss out on a significant amount of $$$ for the charity.

Now, the important part:
As it stands now, a tad over $2500 was raised over the weekend. There are still some contributions in the mail and some pledges that need collecting but overall the best year thus far as far as actual collections are concerned.

This brings the total for all events ever held (in both Spokane and Seattle) to about 15K (over the four year history of the event) that has been raised for pediatric healthcare services.

Thanks to all who came out in support of the event, the sponsors, donors and congrats to all the winners...and there were many of those, especially the kids!

There is still time to donate and to do so all you need to do is send a check to me MADE OUT TO CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL at the address listed below.

Regards,
Don Johnson

Caddis for Kids
2411 Saint Andrews Drive
Shelton, WA 98584