Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - I am going crazy
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2001, 04:27 PM

Striblue,
I'll be out in August this year and look forward to meeting a you all. I grew up in Weymouth and when I'm back I fish the Hingam, Weymouth area but would love to fish the Cape with some of you.
The important thing is we get some of the guys out here that have never had the opportunity to fish the salt under a Cape Cod sky and a fast moving rip. It would be great just to see their expression when they are casting to a school of surface feeding bass with maybe 100 or more fish in the school. We don't get to see fish out here in the NW smashing bait the way you do. We get some Coho action near the surface in September but nothing like you get all Summer and Fall.
Juro and Myself have talked about getting an excange program going and we need to work on it because Summer is soon to come and as exciting as it would be for some steelheaders to fish back east it would also be an incredidble trip for the folks in the NE to come out and fish a waker across the surface for a Summer Steelhead in one of our many rivers.