Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Notes on Wader Selection...
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2000, 08:45 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:Notes on Wader Selection...

Updates:

(1) As of 2/2000, OS Systems had not gone forward with their breathable wader although they did develop kayak and drisuit technologies in breathable. I believe they think there is no market for their product and too much competition. Kind of a shame if you ask me!

(2) Also, per my over-enthused claim about "Simms and Khaki's", I wore the simms guide waders with a shirt pulled over the top to have breakfast in the Marshside (Dennis). They were dry and were the same color top to bottom. As fate would have it I was seated in the rear corner and my scuba boots were a dead giveaway and several people noticed. As far as comfort while I ate, no problem. Then I walked back into the water to fish after breakfast. Not quite khakis but certainly not something you'd do with neoprenes.

(3) Re-branded waders aren't necessarily inferior to brand name counterparts; for instance the Cabela's products sometimes negotiate very favorable price points for their customers and can sometimes provide better service as a national provider. Goes both ways.