Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - What Do You Think Of the New Spey Line Standards?
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2004, 01:19 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

In case it did not come thru in my post, "ecstatic" would be a proper word to describe how I feel about this standardization. Consistency is absolutely important, couldn't agree more.

I will drop Bruce Richards an email directly. Any excuse I can come up with to correspond with him is a good excuse, his insights into casting have been among the most influential to me in my study of flingin' a line. His analysis of casting and the way he describes it was like a revelation and has been a major influence to me. I highly recommend reading anything and everything he writes on the topic of casting.

However my point was to ask if anyone could clarify the definition of the extended belly lines, not to detract on it. Of course since the internet does not yet allow mind-reading, I should have said so specifically

So JD, you noticed the typo earlier. Until we master this mind-reading thing can you share what you found out about the long belly situation? (the point of my question)