Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Recommendations for Unmentionables
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2001, 06:16 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I find that the patagonia quick-dry briefs are the best for wet-wading during the summer months, but under waders I prefer a mix of polypropylene and... oh you mean THOSE unmentionables! }>

When I worked at BNTC they carried a daiwa rod that was not only affordable but light, powerful and if I were a spinning rod type of striper guy I'd consider them. Not sure of the model number but the blanks were black and the trim blue and silver. I was hired for a 3-generation charter (grandfather, son and grandson) a couple of summers ago and bought one when told grandpa couldn't flyfish. At the end of the day they bought the rod from me. I owned it for a day! The point is, he really loved the rod. It's not one of those old school telephone pole rods but light and powerful and it took blues up to 15 pounds (on the scale and filleted). The keeper bass were on the flyrod though

Since you are just looking for beater rods for people who can't flycast I assume you aren't looking to spend a lot of cash. Have you tried Bean's outlets or Spags?