Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - 2 spey rods for sale
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2001, 05:58 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

NADA! Four times the ten year high in returns, highest fish counts on record, great weather, and I am stranded!

I must admit I first felt a little guilty about taking my vacation fishing to indulge as such when others are so distraught and busy digging bodies and hopefully survivors out of the rubble.

I looked into it and authorities say they are overwhelmed with people who want to help and have asked people to stop just showing up on the scene until they requests for specific skills are made to the public.

I do agree that we should not let terrorism change our way of life, but somehow it would give me more pleasure to see the relief in a survivors eyes than even to see my beloved pacific northwest salmon and steelhead this year.

As someone said if I do it in deference to the attackers and in honor of all the anglers who met a grim and unjust end, then I will feel good about it. God knows if I were in the rubble I would hope fellow Americans would fish their brains out, cause that IS freedom to me.

I hope to be there as soon as things open up. Thanks for asking buddy!

Juro