Fly Fishing Forum banner

Washington lakes/creeks times?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  salt dog 
#1 ·
I'm very newb to Fly'n but I'm also very excited to start. Buuuuuuuuuuut
My fishing buddy who is teaching me has gone on a tank job in Idaho and won't be back for a month,

so long story short I don't know where to fish, what fly to use and when to use them. :frown: Is it some thing I just have to figure out?
I'm sure there are right and wrong times of the week,month,day, and year to fish creeks and lakes, I just don't know them.

#3 ·
As far as I know there is no wrong time to go fishing. It's just that some people prefer mornings and some prefer evenings. Me I fish almost any time of the day. And to what flies to use, just stop in any fly shop in the greater Seattle area and ask a few questions. Just as long as you spend a few bucks in there they will help you out. And some will even help you out even if you don't spend anything there.

Jim

#5 ·
The rivers on the wet side of the state

are all blown out right now. The Stilly both forks are running about 8' higher than they were a week ago . So that accounts for the brown and grey water. What we need is for the rain to stop falling and a few days to dry out before those places are fishable.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.