Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Pacifica
Thread: Pacifica
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 02:10 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

This is an ongoing project but currently shifted out by several other projects in queue - not because we aren't psyched up for it but because there is more going on right now in R&D than we can handle in the Spey front alone!

However we are in final production of a lightweight IM8 11ft'er that throws 9/10wt shooting heads to 115-125ft without much trouble for reaching cruising coho and fishing along kelp lines from shore. It's light enough to get a good battle from a resident coho but also tough enough not to have to break off a fall king just to save your flyline like a 6wt.

This is the Atlantis All-around, 11ft 3-pc 9/10wt two-hand IM8. It weighs just over 7 oz despite the overhead casting flora cork handle, Fuji hard chrome SiC strippers and titanium frame tip guide.

I will be sending some out to shops in the Seattle area in late August - early September with plenty of time to catch the migration. Just please use the big Atlantis for chum

So far my favorite setup has been an airflo 10wt 35ft shooting head on a slick shooter running line - this setup goes a l-o-n-g way but the rod is light and even smaller fish are good sport.

Additional saltwater two-handers are in the plan, of which one is more suited to cutthroats and resident coho in a 7/8 weight range. This is the one I assume you are referring to. It will not be completed until 2005 due to the number of irons we have in the fire currently.

Prototypes will be available earlier, Leland will be field testing ahead of final production.

Thanks for the inquiry.