Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Got some killer flies!
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2001, 04:30 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Got some killer flies!

Received today - killer tube flies from Doublespey and "fresh" shrimp flies from NorthFK! Friday night I got Bill's "Haretics" in the snowstorm, so we are getting close to quorum... if not already there.

Brian the delivery mix-up was that they couldn't get up my driveway in the blizzard, they don't deliver to a PO box, then the receptionist signed for them at work and I finally found out today. Well worth the wait though! I have been chatting with the HMH rep and he's pretty excited about all the tube interest.

Ryan - those are some awesome ties... you definitely have the steely sense. I am big on integrating synthetics into prawn bodies as well and those looked so tasty I was tempted to munch on them at lunch break.

Bill's loose bunny pattern whumped the Thompson steelies - three lifetime fish in a row in fact. There was only one picture though, those fish and the one Brian hooked right after were as hot as pistols.

Phil - I am concerned about the flies you sent from Scotland. I will double check all of my packages but I do not recall getting them. I asked at the desk for packages that could not fit, but they had none. I will turn everything inside out here and let you know what I find out. You will receive 6 flies no matter what the outcome. Since you're coming out this way - I'll send a mix of 3 salmon flies and 3 striper flies!