Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Visiting Ireland !
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004, 04:56 AM

Visiting Ireland !

The last few years have seen a massive improvement in the amount of salmon returning to Irish rivers, despite the continuation of licensed netting off our coast.
Spring salmon runs of record preportions, have been quickly followed by grilse runs of a similar nature.
To the point where work has been interfering with my fishing, I have been enjoying all the activity, and have fished extensively throughout the country.
Many foreign anglers, numerous of them noted anglers, have been enjoying the sport also.
Should any members be planning to visit Ireland, or wish to visit at a future date, please feel free to avail of any assistance that a lifetime of local knowledge has to offer. In an effort to "put a little back" I would be delighted to advise, introduce, and if need be arrange, anything that would make your visit a memorable one.
I`m a great believer in a little "local knowledge", so just drop a line if you`re going to be in our locality, and hopefully we`ll point you in the right direction.
Tight lines, whatever`s pullin` them !
Peter.