It's the only game in town, unless you want to go after stream trout... and midsummer is not the best time for that, either.
1. Make sure you READ AND UNDERSTAND THE REGS!
2. Use large stonefly nymphs as bait - as large as size 6. You CAN use "waking flies" (like Bombers and Moose Turds) too.
3. Fish the upper river near the dam - BUT WATCH OUT FOR THE CLOSED SECTION!
4. Don't expect much, but there are usually some Skamies and Atlantics in there, along with some smaller stream trout.
5. Play any fish FAST AND HARD - they are plenty enough stressed just from the warm water. Even reviving 'em well, they still suffer high mortality a day or two later. That's why a lot of guys don't fish for 'em.
Last edited by BobK; 06-25-2004 at 06:29 AM.