Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Looking forward to Fall Silver
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2001, 05:15 PM

RE:Looking forward to Fall Silver

all indications i have heard from the first north of falcon meeting and talking with wdfw biologists is that the ocean quotas this summer will be higher than last summer's. the low wild runs off the oregon coast will be the main factor in how much larger the quotas will be, so we won't get as large of quotas as one would expect with the total washington coho runs of 2.5 million fish, but they surely will be a bit larger than last summer.

hopefully the quotas will be bigger so the ocean stays open past the last week of august, but with the number of fish returning this summer compared to last summer the fishing should be just plain outstanding. last year was incredible, and if the numbers are even close i agree with you that i can't wait for july to start fishing for cohos, especially with the pink bycatch along the northern coast and strait.

as for the coastal king quotas, i haven't heard anything definite yet... and hopefully the fishing is better for them this summer than last... where a 500 fish quota couldn't be taken (neah bay ocean quota). rumors say the number will be higher... should know within a week or two of at least the options for this summer's fishing.